Trial & Error....it's ok

Struggling myself with this whole grazing thing. Never worked for me in the past but then again, I was younger, didn't have kids, and I've always liked to eat meals....the way I was raised. So, with a new goal Ive set for myself, I am really trying help to prevent my blood sugar from dipping to low so that I have energy to teach at night AND prevent feeding off my own muscle tissue for energy. As I've told clients before, when your blood sugar isn't stabilized or too low, your body is not capable of shuttling insulin into the cells to help with fat oxidation It's and it is almost impossible for protein synthesis to occur. So, just like a lot of my clients, I'm in this battle too...what & when to eat?

Started with a great 6.5 mile run
Did a few laps around the track warming up for Bootcamp - maybe about 2 miles

So, by 7am it was definitely time to refuel. Last meal or any food consumption for me was about 12 hours before that - Im already in a catabolic state which is not good at all.

2 Hard Boiled Egg
1/2 Banana


By 8:30am had my coffee to energize for lifting
Lifted 9:30 Heavy Weights = muscle fiber breakdown

So, definitely in  need of a recovery source to refuel instantly. Had my Body By Vi shake with me. I made it with Almond/Coconut Milk and 1 scoop = 180 Kcals plus nutrition!!

By 11am, Knew I needed some more carbs so had the right serving serve of: KASHI 7-Grain Crackers with Sea Salt. If you read the labels on some snack items, you too will become familiar with serving size and be able to control your portions.

Just finished up with 1 packet of Albacore Tuna threw in the convenient packet some diced cucumbers that were given to me straight from the garden.

WOW!! Feeling Good so far and actually have consumed a lot of protein plus many nutrients.

Still have the rest of the day to go, but I hope you are getting the point. See the thing is, we all, even myself, struggle with what to eat, that guilty feeling of eating the wrong thing or too much of something that is not so healthy, but if you have a plan & prepare in advance, you are more likely not to overindulge, go too long without food, and prevent that catabolic state.

Remember, this month and all of October we will be focusing on resistance training, muscular hypertrophy, and various weight training techniques. My goal for clients who are taking my Muscle Fusion class is to welcome muscle tissue growth and understand by this experience that you will not get big & bulky - you will get stronger, fitter, healthier, less chance of injury, sexier-sculpted-tone arms, legs, and glutes. I want to encourage those in the Muscle Fusion class to make it to class, make up when you miss, work hard & challenge your muscles, take my advice, and trust me.


We are all in this together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Is Here!!!