CB RUN CLUB

Ok, we are back at it this week!!

I know that many of you got in some good miles during our "kind of a break week" so great job there!
I was able to clock about 62 miles doing a lot of 10 milers and 8 milers everyday. However, I couldn't have if I was teaching classes, definitely had fresh legs each morning run. Once in while is fine but I sure wouldn't give up lifting and classes because by Sunday, my joints were feeling it.

So here is the plan for this week.
It will be both hot & humid. I believe that training in these elements makes us stronger mentally and physiologically, but it is all about smart preparation and awareness. So be sure to get the right amounts of fluids into the tissues of both water and electrolyte type of drinks and eat lightly if you are running in the evenings. Humidity effects our gastric emptying rate and can cause stomach cramps and loose stools. On TUESDAY & THURSDAY I will be there to take off at 5pm.

On Saturday, July 13th we will meet at Starbucks. We will leave at 5:20am. If you need to leave early or will be leaving later, let me know so that I can inform you of the route. I want to encourage everyone, however, that we are a group and it is nice to leave at the same time.
There will be two routes/mileages options to choose from.

Are you logging, journaling weekly?
I wrote in a previous blog how to journal and why it is important. I think that performance goals and journaling go hand in hand. It's nice to reflect back, especially if you are training for an event.

Please fee free to email me or talk with me at the studio if you have any questions.

KEEP RUNNING!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Is Here!!!