Healthy Eating!!

Just returned from Fairway. Bought my 6 boneless chicken breasts for the week in which I will have mid afternoon or after my evening workouts. Purchased dozen eggs for the next week so I can have my two hard-boiled eggs post morning workout. A 12 oz low-fat, high protein cottage cheese - I eat in moderation so should last a good week. Some low-carb, whole wheat tortillas so that I can add shredded chicken  or avocado & tomatoes slices with a little feta cheese. And lastly, I purchased my greens: romaine lettuce & mustard greens, 2 avocados, and 1 green pepper... I will chop them up, place into a container so that I can easily prepare a chicken salad topped with sunflower seeds and a lite dressing....maybe some feta cheese. All this healthy food that is high in protein for less than $22.

On Sunday, I was able to get over to Whole Foods to purchase my favorite Spinach & Artichoke Hummus with Kashi 7-grain crackers - this will be the perfect snack. I was also able to get some good deals on individual cups of OIKOS Greek  Yogurt that is also high protein at 15 grams plus the calcium I need for bone heatlh & muscle contraction. Lastly, I got a small bag of almonds....I like to have a few because almonds and other nuts are still high -fat, good fats, but you really don't need a lot of them because you will be consuming a lot of kcals. All this for my week for less than $25.

So, I have my plan for the week. I know what my goals are for the next 8 - 10 weeks and I know what I need to eat to get there.

WHAT IS YOUR EATING PLAN?

DO YOU MAP OUT YOUR WEEKLY DIET OR JUST GRAB & GO WHATEVER?

REMEMBER, IT TAKES PLANNING and EATING HEALTHY DOES NOT HAVE TO BE EXPENSIVE.

This is just my suggestion. I will still have my occasional sweets, get my healthy carbs for energy and have my daily fix of coffee. You need to live and enjoy food, but also at the same time, you need to find the balance of setting a goal that you want to achieve physically and set a goal on how you can eat clean and healthy so that you attain that goal. Feed the body nutrition, don't starve it, and don't deprive it.

questions, comments, concerns...please shoot me an email. kreid12@cox.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Is Here!!!