My new addiction...

I am so excited to share with everyone at FUSION my new addiction to Beachbody shakeology drinks. Right now my favorite is the chocolate over the greenberry and that's probably just because I love peanut butter together with chocolate...it's like a peanut butter cup. Her is my concoction: I chop up tons and tons of ice (have to make it extra thick), add the chocolate powder, 1 cup almond milk and two tbsp PB2. I put the blender on smoothie for a while so it is extra thick and well blended. Now, check out total kcals...

Chocolate Shakeology = 140kcals
PB2 = 45kcals
Almond Milk = 60kcals
Ice = 0 kcals

Total = 285 kcals

And best thing, I'm am full, satisfied, got all my nutrients to replenish tissues and for protein re synthesis to occur, and I don't have that lethargic feeling...which is the worst.

The unique blend of shakeology gives the body the recommended amount of protein to carb ratio after a workout, a full supply of fruit & vegetable nutrients and is full of prebiotics to help with the gut and digestion and a blend of enzymes that allows for better absorption of vitamins and minerals in the gastrointestinal system. Plus, I'm full of energy on less than a few hundred calories.

Is it better to get your nutrients from fresh fruits and vegetables? Maybe. But if you are like me, I do not eat anywhere near the recommended number of servings of macro nutrients per day. So, if I can get most of the nutrients or even all of my daily nutrients from a shake that is simple to make, then why not? Some people may argue with me about this, but I believe that we can get by and live healthy lives from eating less calories a day, as long as we are getting the proper nutrients. That is what shakeology delivers. We have to get out of that mindset that eating all these prepackaged foods and engineered products that are "low fat" "no hydrogenated oils" "fat free" are actually good for our health.

As far as cost goes, I throw out so much fruits and vegetables that spending $60- $100 a month on products from Beachbody is completely justified. And, sometimes after running 6-8 miles and working out 5-6 hours a day, the last thing I want to do is cut up vegetables to make a salad or steam vegetables or come home at 8:00 at night to grill chicken or fish. Plus, I can share these products with my children as a healthy and cool summer treat.

These products work for me and as an expert in health & fitness for over 18 years, I feel like it is my duty to share them with the participants at FUSION. I do want to see everyone attain results, improve their fitness and reach their personal goals.
For more information, please check out my facebook page for the direct link to my Beachbody website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Is Here!!!

PROTEIN